Right of Withdrawal
1. Right of withdrawal. In remote sales and in contracts concluded outside of business premises, consumers have the right to withdraw from the contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
2. Withdrawal period. The withdrawal period expires after 14 days
- after conclusion of contract in cases of service contracts;
- or in cases of a contract for the delivery of goods from the day on which the consumer or a third party named by the consumer, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the goods;
- or, in the case of a contract for multiple goods that the consumer has ordered as part of a single order and that are delivered separately, from the day on which the consumer or a third party named by the consumer, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the last goods;
- or, in the case of a contract for the delivery of goods in several partial shipments or pieces, from the day on which the consumer or a third party named by the consumer, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the last partial shipment or the last piece;
- or, in the case of a contract for the regular delivery of goods over a specified period of time, from the day on which the consumer or a third party named by the consumer, who is not the carrier, took possession of the first goods.
In order to meet the deadline for withdrawal, it is sufficient for consumers to send their notification of exercising their right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
3. Declaration of withdrawal. To exercise your right of withdrawal, consumers must inform FELLHOF [Der Fellhof VertriebsGmbH, Eisenstrasse 1, 5322 Hof bei Salzburg, Austria, firstname.lastname@example.org] by means of a clear declaration (e.g. via letter sent by post, fax or email) of their decision to withdraw from the contract. Consumers can but do not have to use the sample withdrawal form below.
The consumer has no right to withdraw from contracts for:
Goods that are made to customer specifications or that are clearly tailored to personal needs.
Goods that are delivered and are not suitable for returns due to of health or hygiene reasons.
4. Sample withdrawal form.
Please fill out the form and send it back using this link to withdrawal form to withdraw from your contract.
5. Consequences of withdrawal. When consumers withdraw their contract, FELLHOF must pay back all payments that FELLHOF has received from consumers, including delivery costs (with exception of additional costs that arise when the consumer chooses a different type of delivery option than the cheapest standard delivery offered by FELLHOF) immediately and at latest within 14 days from the day on which the declaration of withdrawl is received by FELLHOF. For these payments, FELLHOF uses the same method of payment that the consumer has used for their initial transaction, unless something else has been expressly agreed upon with the consumer. In no case will the consumer be charged for this return of payment.
The consumer must return or hand over the goods to FELLHOF immediately and at latest no later than 14 days from the day on which the consumer informed FELLHOF of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is considered met if the consumer sends the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
FELLHOF can refuse repayment until FELLHOF has received the goods or until the consumer has provided evidence that they have sent back the goods, whichever comes first.
The consumer must pay only for any loss in the value of goods if this loss in value is due to handling of the goods that is not necessary for checking the nature, properties or functionality of the goods.
6. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal. The consumer has no right of withdrawal for contracts for:
Goods that are manufactured according to customer specifications or that are clearly tailored to personal needs.
7. Arbitration board. We are obliged to take part in the arbitration procedure of the Internet Ombudsman in disputes:
Find more information on the types of proceedings at: www.ombudsmann.at
Alternative Streitbeilegung gemäß Art. 14 Abs. 1 ODR-VO: The European Commission has a platform for online dispute resolutions that can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
Consumers have the opportunity to turn to [name, address, website of the alternative dispute resolution body] to resolve their disputes. We are obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before this body. We will take part in such a process.
If you have questions about dispute resolutions, do not hesitate to contact the FELLHOF at email@example.com.